Leo Burnett Is Network of the Year At 2016 Epica Awards
Agency also brings home the lion’s share of Gold with 12
Leo Burnett Worldwide was named “Network of the Year” at the 2016 Epica Awards, which concluded in Amsterdam this evening. Leo Burnett took home 12 Gold, more than any other agency network. In all, the agency brought home 50 awards.
The annual show is the only creative awards program judged by journalists in the marketing and communications industry.
“The Epica Awards are judged by the connoisseurs of our industry, opinion makers with a keen eye for brilliantly told stories that impact messages,” said Leo Burnett Worldwide Chief Creative Officer and Publicis Communications Creative Chairman Mark Tutssel. “I’m incredibly proud that Leo Burnett received the Network of the Year honor. It is a true testament that our work is held up as the finest in the world, in terms of creative quality and business impact.”
The network took home 12 Gold, 18 Silver and 19 Bronze awards for major global brands such as Bajaj Auto, Fiat, McDonald’s, Procter & Gamble, Samsung, Spanish Lottery and UnitedHealthcare.
Leo Burnett Chicago received the highest number of awards, 12, within the network. Fifteen other global offices contributed to the success: Bratislava, Frankfurt, Istanbul, London, Madrid, Manila, Melbourne, Milan, Mumbai, Oslo, Rokkan (N.Y.), Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto and Zurich.
The campaigns that earned Gold include:
• “Van Gogh BnB” for the Art Institute of Chicago – Chicago
• “Reuniting Memories from 1947” for OLX – Mumbai
• “Crossword Campaign” for WOZ die Wochenzeitung – Zurich
• “Names: Elizabeth Williams, Frederick Jones” for Donate Life America – Chicago
• “Justino” for Spanish Lottery – Madrid
• “Printed by Somerset” for Somerset Graphics – Toronto
• “Search” for McDonald’s – London
• “We Hear You, Celebration” for McDonald’s – Chicago
• “Temperature Checking Bottles” for Turmhof Distilleries – Zurich
• “Iceberg Campaign” for WWF Philippines – Manila
The Epica Awards was established in 1987 and remains the only prize judged by industry press from more than 60 publications and websites around the world.
For the full list of awards, visit Epica’s website.